February 8, 2021
Dear Mahogany Dance Arts Families,
We are absolutely thrilled to share with you the latest COVID 19 update. The Alberta Government has eased restrictions on dance classes, and we are permitted to return to in-person classes starting Monday, February 8th, 2021!!
Alberta’s dance studios can begin welcoming children and youth back into their facilities as part of Step 1 guidelines for Alberta’s path forward strategy. The requirements are listed on the Alberta.ca website should you wish to review them but please know that we will continue to adhere to all safety protocols, keeping our faculty and dancers safe.
Your child’s dance class will resume for the full class duration on the same day and time as he/she attended prior to the shutdown.
We also look forward to our new & upcoming Sessional programs that will begin in the studio in March.
Click below for more info about our Sessional classes.
Let’s remember that our best days are not behind us, they are ahead, thank you for being on the journey with us!!
See you soon,
Gillian Howatt & Diana Radcliffe
Taking Every Precaution
Finally, thank you for your patience and for adhering to the precautions and guidelines that we have put in place thus far. Before heading back into the studio, we will also share our “Best Practices” protocol so we can stay safe together.
We ask in advance, for your support and patience while we work with any new procedures and processes which are all in an effort to keep everyone safe.
Here are some of the changes we have made in our business to best serve you:
- Safe procedures for drop off/pick up
- Mandatory touchless temperature checks upon entry of the studio and verbal confirmation that you agree to the 4 safety questions provided/outlined
- Classes will have a maximum of 10 dancers. This is to allow for physical distancing of more than 2 metres
- Floor markings with 2 meters between your child, other dancers and your teacher on all sides
- Additional time between classes to minimize congestion
- Dancers will remain within their class cohort & not change studio if participating in multiple classes back to back
- Consistent and strict attendance recording (in case of a need for contact tracing)
- Our lobby/hallway will remain closed to parents to ensure everyone’s safety
- The dancer holding area/change room will remain closed & dancers will bring all necessary items into the classroom with them
- Signage posted throughout the studio for a friendly reminder for the children as per Alberta Health Services regulations
- Daily deep cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces
- In-studio barres & floors cleaned between each class. Each child will have their own props for their class that they are required to bring each week so there is no sharing of supplies
- Bathroom wipe down between each use
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the studio. Frequent hand washing
- Staff & teacher health assessment before every class & expectations for our teachers regarding dancer’s safety
- Zero tolerance for illness – more information to come, but dancers – and teachers – must remain at home if they show any signs of illness and will not be permitted inside the studio if they should show any signs of illness. Should a dancer become ill during their class, their parents must come to pick them up immediately