2022 – 2023 DANCE SEASON
Mahogany Dance Arts requires this shared commitment from each MDA parent or guardian:
If your child has a cold or runny nose he/she may attend class but will be required to wear a mask. If your child has a cough they are not permitted to attend class.
I understand and have made my child aware that they are to inform a MDA staff member immediately should any of the above-mentioned symptoms develop while at the studio. Should this occur I understand we will contact you to pick up your child and I understand it is my responsibility to ensure my child is picked up immediately when notified.
I have alerted MDA of any and all medical conditions and allergies of my child. I understand it is especially important to alert the studio of any health conditions my child has which may causes similar symptoms of COVID-19. These health conditions and symptoms include but are not limited to a cough and/or shortness of breath due to asthma or exercise induced asthma, and/or a sore throat, runny nose and/or nasal congestion due to severe seasonal allergies.
If a child at any point throughout the season receives a positive rapid COVID test, they are not permitted to attend Mahogany Dance Arts until they have received a negative test or ALL symptoms have ended.
Instruction: I understand from time to time that MDA instructors maybe ill or have symptoms of a cold, cough or fever. When this happens and a substitute is unavailable the class will be made up at a later date. There are no refunds or credits given for these classes.
We are working together to keep everyone safe.
Taking Every Precaution
Here are some of the changes we have made in our business to best serve you:
- Procedures for drop off/pick up of dancers
- Classes capacities will return to normal, but we will still use a floor marking system to keep dancers spaced & spread out as much as possible
- Additional time will be scheduled between classes to minimize front door congestion when dancers are entering & exiting the studio
- Classes arrival times have been staggered in each studio to minimize congestions upon arrival and departure.
- Dancers & parents to wait outside until the teacher arrives to let everyone in 1 at a time
- The studio lobby is a drop & go space only. This is to ensure the most convenient & comfortable experience for our dancers & families we encourage this process
- The dancer holding area/change room will remain closed & dancers will bring all necessary items into the classroom with them
- Daily deep cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces daily
- Each child will have their own props for their class that they are required to bring each week so there is no sharing of supplies
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the studio & will be encouraged before/after classes
- Staff & teacher health assessment each day prior to arriving to the studio to ensure the safety of all of our dancers & dance families
- Zero tolerance for illness –dancers and teachers – must remain at home if they show any signs of illness and will not be permitted inside the studio if they should show any signs of illness. Should a dancer become ill during their class, their parents must come to pick them up immediately