Our full-term classes run from September to mid-June.
Sessional classes run for 6-10 weeks depending on the class. Sessional classes will be offered 3 times throughout the year, beginning in September, January & April.
ALL registration is done through our website: www.mahoganydancearts.com. Our studio software system allows for digital documentation only. Once on the website locate the class you are interested in & click the REGISTER button. You will then be redirected to the registration page where you will create an account & complete your registration. Throughout the year you can access your account through our Parent Portal where you can update payment information, print receipts, etc.
Dress code is enforced at Mahogany Dance Arts. We believe this creates a sense of unity & community amongst the dancers as well give the teacher the ability to see & correct lines & technique as needed. Our Dress Requirements are listed on the website. Each class will be listed with pictures that specify attire & shoes required. All items are available for purchase attire from local store Bodythings Dancewear, right here in Calgary. We recommend purchasing from there to ensure the correct style & color of attire. Prior to class beginning, you will also receive a “Welcome Letter” that also includes a link to the Dress Requirements information.
- $40.00 registration fee DUE at time of registration
- Dance shoes & attire that students are required to wear to their weekly class
- ALL Full-term dancers participate in our year-end showcase in May. Dancers require a costume, which is $95.00, and tickets to the showcase are required to be purchased.
- Pictures packages that you can order on Photo Day (optional)
- Observation Classes- estimated $20- $30 per Observerer ages 3 and older. Observers ages 2 and younger do not require a ticket when they sit on their parent’s lap. Observer’s who are full-year MDA students do not require a paid ticket but should be included in the headcount.
ALL full-term students will participate in the Year-End Showcase, a celebration of Dance and an opportunity to showcase all your child has learned throughout the year. It is a fantastic day of DANCE that your child will LOVE!!! The Year-End Showcase is held at a professional theatre in or around Calgary. Dancers will also participate in a Showcase Rehearsal prior to the big day so they have the experience on being on a stage.
We offer Observation Week mid-year, usually in January. At that time you will be offered the opportunity to purchase tickets to view your child’s class and progress.
Regular weekly classes are not open for viewing so that we can ensure the full focus and concentration of our budding dancers remains on the instructor!
If your child feels apprehensive about entering the studio on her own on the first day then we encourage you to set up a meet and greet with us.
Additionally, there is an area in which you can have the time and space you need together to cuddle and console, and then once your child is ready please send them into the studio on their own.
- Visit our website often as new information will be updated & posted for your access/viewing
- Check our Calendar of Events on our website for all dates and activities
- Follow us on Instagram @mahoganydancearts & Facebook @Mahogany Dance Arts
- Read our monthly emails sent directly from us to your inbox which outline the studio events and important information for each month.
- If you have any specific questions which are not addressed in either of these places please send an email to email@example.com. Often between classes teachers are busy getting the next group of children ready for class so an email or a phone call is best, thank you!
Our Competitive Team is for the dancer who has a passion for dance, LOVES to perform & want to take their training to a Competitive level. The demands of this type of program require more from the children so we want to be sure your child is ready for the program. If your child is interested in this program, please contact our directors so we can then assess your child & provide you with additional program information.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We are more than happy to help & want to ensure you find the perfect class & perfect fit for you dancer!